Thursday, July 15, 2010

Nightmare

Had an awful, awful dream last night. It's starting to fade already but, I'll try my best. In my dream, me and a friend went into the attic to investigate. My friend in the dream was someone that I've never met before in real life, as far as I remember. I don't remember much about them, they're features were blurry and distorted. There was this awful, almost mechanical grating sound in the attic that started to grow louder and louder. There was a sickening smell that started get worse and worse, until the point where I could taste it. It tasted acidic and metallic. I remember my friend and I started to gag and dry heave. We both threw up. The attic felt like it was spinning. But not in a perfect motion, more like a warped record spinning on a turntable. Wobbling up and down while spinning. Then we were somewhere else suddenly. Somewhere old, decrepit and dilapidated. Everything was ruined and neglected. My friend was gone. I started running through destroyed hallways and rooms searching for him or her. When I found them, there was nothing left but a decaying corpse. I suddenly felt like I was being watched. I spun around to see who was there, and out of the corner of my eye saw them duck into another room. Then I woke up.

9 comments:

  1. Was the decrepit place anything like what we see on the second tape or the noise anything like that at the end of the tape?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a very unsettling dream! As Mr.Toasty asked, was anything in the dream familiar? I know you said that you where starting to forget the dream but was there anything that stuck with you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This taste you mention "acidic and metallic"

    Was the taste much like blood? I hate to sound morbid, but sometimes the smell of blood can become so concentrated it clings in your nose, and down your throat, and soon you can even taste it.. It tastes like copper and rust.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was thinking blood too marleyquinn... but also thought of Ozone. Too much ozone can cause a metallic/blood like taste in the mouth. One serious thunderstorm could be the culprit.

    Matt did you wake up with the taste in your mouth?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you remember where the horrible smell/taste was most concentrated in the attic? Maybe there's something there that you can find that's connected to your dream? I know it sounds crazy, but these experiences you've been having do seem somewhat supernatural. Maybe you'll find something in the attic where the smell was the worst?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like I said the dream is fading but, even from when I just woke from it I don't remember it being concentrated in one spot per-say. The smell and the sound just intensified until the point when we were suddenly somewhere else.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just wanted to say sorry for being a rude idiot before, Matt. I'm used to things being hoaxes on the internet, so I instantly thought, "Slenderman," when I saw this

    Looking at this post, I would say that I was being a jackass and that I should have believed you earlier (After all, if it was a hoax, the dream would be different). Forgive me?

    ReplyDelete
  8. About what Tenshi said: Ozone, lightning storm... Thought of the voltage box from the Attic 2 video.

    ReplyDelete