Monday, July 19, 2010

New Information

Sorry I didn't post anything this weekend, I was out and about a lot. Anyways, this weekend when I went and spoke to one of my neighbors about the previous owners of my house I found some interesting information. Like I've said before, I have previously spoken to this neighbor asking about previous owners of the house. All the neighbors said that no one really sticks out in their mind, because all the owners were moving in and out so quickly. But one of my neighbors said he remembered an older man. So I went back and inquired more about him.

The man that I spoke to this weekend has lived here for, essentially, his entire life. He grew up here and when his parent's died he moved into the house. So he has been living in the cul de sac for around seventy years. He told me he would try his best to remember because this man lived her a long time ago. From what my neighbor remembers, this man was already pretty old when he moved in. Somewhere in his sixties. He was some sort of doctor specializing in mental illness and it's prevention. I had never heard this word before but, he tells me that this man was a 'psychosurgeon'. He also told me that the man worked in the area. Not far from where we live actually. The man kept to himself, and would only go outside to go to work. My neighbor doesn't know why the man moved out or where he would go (as the man was in in his seventies by the time he moved out). He went on to tell me that whne the man moved out, he didn't really "move" in the traditional sense of the word. He put the house up for sale and when it was bought, he just took off. Didn't take anything with him. Just got in his car and never came back.

My neighbor says that it was only after this man moved out, that new owners wouldn't stay long. He says that children in the neighborhood tell ghost stories about my house to eachother.

4 comments:

  1. That is super odd. Sounds like he may have left something behind that's causing all issues. Did you found anything unusual when you moved in? Like old letters and things for a previous tenant?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this just gets more and more complicated! Do you think it's possible that the abandoned buildings in the 2nd tape might be where this psychosurgeon worked? I feel like all of this is connected somehow, and that seems to me a logical conclusion. Maybe you should start searching for those buildings. It's possible that you'll find more information on the psychosurgeon. Hey, maybe you'll find that third attic tape! Do you have any ideas where it might have gone or who might have taken it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the second video might have been shot on North Brother Island in NYC. Using Google Earth, at 40deg 48'04N, 73deg 53'57W, you can see a shadow that looks like it could have been cast by the red building with the peaked roof from the video near the smokestack, which is clearly visible. The facility was opened as a hospital for highly contagious patients in the late 1800s then became a drug treatment center in the 50s until it was closed due to scandal in the 1960s. None of the photos taken by urban explorers that I found matched any of the buildings from the video, but the psychiatric connection makes sense, as would the "welcome" message at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Although I like where you are going with the idea ababysteamship, I was checking out images of the mental hospital on North Brother Island and the smokestack is not the same one seen in the video.

    ReplyDelete