Sunday, May 16, 2010

A little creeped out

So last night, I was out pretty late with some friends I hadn't seen in a long time. I got home way later than expected, around three o clock in the morning actually. Most of the way home there was a car behind me, but it stayed far enough away that I didn't even think anything of it. It only caught my attention when I made the turn onto my cul de sac, which is a dead end. I thought it was odd but, hey maybe it was a coincidence.

I pulled into my driveway and the car that was behind me pulled into my neighbor's driveway. I thought, 'Hey, maybe one of the neighbor's kids is getting home late.' Then they turned their headlights off but kept the car running. A little bit on edge, I turned my car off and just sat in it for a minute, waiting to see what this person was about to do. After a few moments of waiting, I got out of the car. As I collected my things and then locked my car, the person in the car revved their engine a few times. I quickly walked to my front door, got in, locked the door, and peeked through the window. They turned their headlights back on, and pulled out of neighbor's driveway. As they drove by my house they honked their horn three times. Then the sped off down the road. Legitimately scared now, I ran over to my newly installed burglar alarm and set it. Because of the adrenaline, I couldn't go to bed just now... so I decided to have a snack and try to take the edge off.

About half an hour later, I was laying in bed. Now, the way my new house is set up, one of the windows in my bedroom faces the hill leading away from my house. So if a car were to drive towards my house the lights shine in through the window. I was just about to drift off to sleep when headlights glared through my window. I lied in my bed, staring up at the ceiling, waiting for the headlights to pass as the car continued around the circle. But they did not move. I got out of bed, and peered out the window. The car sat atop the ridge of the hill leading to my driveway, and flashed it's high beams on and off. Then they pulled into my neighbor's driveway again, turned the lights off, revved the engine three times, pulled out, turned the headlights back on, and drove off. Instead of continuing to the exit of the cul de sac though, the car pulled onto a side street. After about five minutes the car re-emerged, honked the horn once, and sped off.

I had a little bit of a hard time going back to sleep after this. I'm kind of nervous, and rightfully so I think. At this point, I'm just really glad that I had this alarm installed, because if something were to happen... no one would really know. I live in a house on top of hill, on a cul de sac, in the middle of the woods. I guess we'll see what happens tonight.

1 comment:

  1. Why do I have a feeling that this is going to turn out to be like that hitchhiker story, where the woman thinks the guy who is flashing his lights is trying to kill her, when really they are just trying to scare the murderer in the back seat?

    ReplyDelete